- How soon can you deliver?
Our commitment is 7 to 12 working days for our standard colors. However, depending on the quantity of ordered materials, delivery can be as fast as the following day.
- Do you do roof estimates based on plans?
Yes. Just send us the following details via email or fax and we’ll forward you the cost estimate in 3 to 5 working days:
- Roof plan
- Side elevation plan
- Gutter details including downspout location
- Roof trusses design/details
- Roofing profile you want
- Gauge/thickness you need
- Do you do actual measurements?
Yes, we offer the service for free within the NCR, Cebu and Pampanga areas. For other locations, we charge a minimal fee (waived when you buy an Excelroof product).
- What does gauge mean?
Gauge is the measure of the metal roofing’s thickness. As its value goes up, the thickness of the material goes down. Residential projects require materials that are at least 28 gauge thick. For structures in areas with extreme weather conditions, we recommend at least 24 gauge materials.
Our roofing products come in 28, 26, 25 and 24 gauges.
- Can you do custom color or special paint coatings?
Yes, just tell us what color you need and we’ll mix it for you.
- What is the difference between an Excelroof Cool Panel versus a standard colored roof?
A Cool Panel-colored roof with EnergySave technology reflects up to 70% of UV radiation from the sun, lowering the indoor temperature by as much as 20%. Ordinary colored roofs, on the other hand, tend to absorb more heat so you need more insulation to keep the interior of your home or building cool.
- What kinds of materials do you install?
Aside from doing reroofing, we also install roofs, roof tiles, insulation and gutters as long as you get the materials from us. All our installation jobs are covered by 1 year warranty.
- What is the longest roof panel that you can manufacture?
We can make roof panels as long as you need them to be, but panels longer than 25 meters must be roll formed at the project site.
- What are the requirements for on-site roll forming?
Aside from a firm level ground and adequate space for the roll forming machine and the Excelroof coils, we’ll also need scaffoldings and a mobile 25 toner crane.
- Is there additional cost for on-site roll forming product?
Yes, but the benefits and overall cost-savings that this process brings outweigh the additional charges.
- My roof, fence or gutter has rust-like spots on it. What are these?
They are probably swarf stains. Swarfs are steel debris that come from cutting or piercing operations. They are usually made up of steel particles mixed with abrasive. In this case, however, they may also include any other discarded steel objects such as rivet shanks, nails, screws and nuts.
When these materials come in contact with coated products such as your roof, fence or gutter and are left there to rust, stains form. These stains are often mistaken for early deterioration of the surface itself.
- How do I remove swarfs?
For light stains, just clean the surface with a mild household detergent and clean water. For more severe stains, just follow these simple steps:
- Start by cleaning the surface with household detergent and clean water.
- Scrub the affected areas with a stiff nylon brush and rinse completely. If the stains don’t come out, lightly rub them with a scrub sponge. Only use abrasive papers if you are planning to repaint the surface after cleaning it. Otherwise, take extra care not to damage the paint film.
- If the first two steps don’t work, treat the affected areas with a solvent-based metal cleaner using a rag. Rinse thoroughly with clean water. Leaving the metal cleaner on will cause accelerated corrosion of the metallic coating.